![]() |
| Me, Jen, Shari & Fran - July 2010 |
![]() |
| Me, Fran, Shari & Kris - Fall 2008 |
![]() |
| Me, Vickie, Marlene & Jen - Tonight |
Boy, do we have some stories to tell about those road trips! Like getting lost, arriving late and one of us being asked to come up and bear our testimony, President Soderquist cutting us off in traffic at the exit (didn't know it was us), getting the giggles during a meeting, and our whole row of shoulders would be shaking, arriving at a far-away meeting and Shari realizing she had on bright blue pantyhose with a black skirt (HA!), laughing and talking and missing our exits completely, a certain speeding ticket on a certain stretch of highway, the FABULOUS food the outlying units would make for us when we would travel to see them -- like fried pies and chocolate peanut butter parfait to die for!
And how about the time a huge framed window came flying out of the back of a truck in front of us, and came STRAIGHT for our windshield! We only had time to GASP(!), and were so blessed when it caught a gust of wind, hit the front bumper of Fran's car, and bounced off. We pulled over, checked out the car, and were all so relieved that in addition to US not being hurt, her car was amazingly not even scratched! Our heart rates were a little faster that day, but other than that, just filled with gratitude!
I have learned so much from these sweet sisters, and will miss serving with them.
I look forward to working more closely with Jen, getting to know Vickie and working again with Marlene. I've known Marlene since we moved here; and she was my Homemaking Counselor (back in the day) when I was Relief Society President of the Carnton Ward!
I LOVE Relief Society, and serving in the stake.
And so the work goes on...



3 comments:
How sweet to read some of your thoughts about the stake Relief Society presidency! I for one love all of you so very much! Thank you all for your service... we will all miss Fran and Shari! The new group looks like a fabulous one as well!
Thank you, Stacey! It is such a pleasure to get to know lovely ladies like you through RS (and of course, music)! Gratefully, nobody is moving away, we're only separated by Ward boundaries...HA! See you soon.
Guess you are 'meant' to continue in Relief Society, Lynette. I'm sure the new presidency will benefit from your spirit and your expertise.
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...