Monday, January 10, 2011

Clutter

Last Saturday (January 8th, mind you), I slept in a little, and then got up with a very strong desire to CLEAN up my living room, get Christmas down, and everything put back together.

I don't normally wake up with a strong desire to clean anything. In fact, I usually wake up with a strong desire to keep on sleeping! But I was actually very anxious to get things back to normal, and knew that Saturday was the only day I would have to do it.


So with the help of my FABULOUS guys (all three of them!) we put away Christmas gifts, the tree, the decorations, the wrapping stuff, the angel collection - EVERYTHING! We cleaned and vacuumed, moved furniture, put plants back, re-arranged our wall decor. It took the bulk of the day, but we put our living room back together, and it looks so empty, and CLEAN, and I -- L-O-V-E -- IT!! 

Then I pointed myself toward the kitchen. I started in a very cluttered, filled up, covered up, messy, busy, no counter-space room -- and cleaned and put away, and re-stacked, stored, cleaned off countertops, and organized my kitchen. I even went through my biggest, messiest lower corner cupboard and completely emptied it (one of those that goes clear back under the counter where you forget you have stuff from your wedding!)  I ended up with lots of space in the cupboard, and a huge black garbage bag full of bowls and trays, and mixing things for someone else to enjoy (Good Will)!

I'm in de-clutter mode. I don't know how long it will last, or what's next (heaven knows I have lots of choices around my house), but WATCH OUT! I've got to strike while the iron is hot...it's usually very lukewarm.

My friend Michelle would be so proud...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...