Monday, January 3, 2011

Bennett Par-Tay!

The night before we left for Nebraska, we went to a FABULOUS party at the Bennett's house. Families attending were the Bennetts, the Harris', Connie & Ed Thomas, Donna & Gary Lealos and their daughters Jenna (with husband Landon) and Jamie, Scott and Dawn Carlton - kids Brianna and Andrew, and friend, Rick Collins.

Of course, we had delicious healthy and delicious decadent foods -- and...shown on the red plate in the lower right corner of the photo below are the "out of this world" OREO BOMBS that I fell in love with, and made THREE times during the week we were in Nebraska! I could eat a dozen right now...!



Dawn & Andrew, Donna, Landon & Jenna, Rick

Craig Bennett and girlfriend, Jess

Briana Carlton, Hannah Bennett, Beth Thomas

Michelle and Dawn

Connie & Ed Thomas -- and the football game

Whitney (Bennett) Swift, with Donna feeling the baby kick!
(Due in February)

John and Whitney Swift (with baby girl pending)
-- Connie and I think they should name her MaryLynetta
(Mary is Connie's first name)

Ed and Steve watching Boise State stomp on Utah in football

Then we played "Dirty Santa," or whatever you wanna call the WHITE ELEPHANT exchange where you choose something, the next person can steal it, then the next person can steal, etc...what a riot!

We had a great variety of white elephant gifts:  from a size 4X ladies underwear, to toe sox, to an outdated calendar, to a can of soup, to a pie plate (which I stole!), to a "Hannah Tree", to a Pepsi ball cap, to a pair of men's briefs cut into a tank top, to a Barbie doll, old Halloween candy, outdated gingerbread house making kit, playing cards, chocolate, and...just lots of laughs and fun stuff!

Then, Hannah Bennett gave Sam what I thought was a very cool gift...she spent time transposing a more difficult piano arrangement of "Paparazzi" to a simpler arrangement that Sam can learn on piano. I thought that was a very kind gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...