Okay, I must confess, I'm still lost in la-la land somewhere between the holidays and reality. Is it really the middle of January already? And is my Christmas tree REALLY still up? Is my house really still a wreck, even though the holidays are no longer an excuse? I have no company, no more excuses for kicking back on things. I think if anyone came through my house right now, they'd nominate me for the "Oprah's Messy House of the Month" club, and they'd send professionals to dig us out. Yes, I'm serious...hey, that might not be too bad of an idea!
What is it that has kept me from taking down Christmas and cleaning my house? Sweeping my kitchen? How about doing a little laundry? Running the vacuum? Well, hmmmm....let me see.....
* Work (I really did go back to work, and it really has been hectic since January 4th.)
* Church (Okay, I haven't had too much church responsibility of late, but you know, it sounds good)
* Kids (The kids really have been very active in school events, and drama -- with Grayson's play coming up, and piano lessons, and scouts, and all that stuff. Yeah, that's been pretty busy -- FOR THEM!)
* Cooking (Okay, again, not much of that going on lately)
* Service Projects (Well, none of that recently -- Christmas is the ONLY time to serve, you know)
* Shopping (All the after Christmas sales have beckoned very strongly -- at least fun to look! And you really can't call multiple trips to Wal*Mart "shopping" -- that's just necessity stuff there...)
* Lunching with friends (Had lunch today with two friends I started working with at the Williamson County School Board in 1990 -- yes, 20 years ago, and we've kept in touch! They're both still there, but I've flitted to a couple of jobs since then. It was awesome, and so fun to catch up on things. One of them is retiring soon, I'm jealous!)
* Dinnering with friends (Steve and I went out last night with some friends, enjoyed our "lean & green" meal and relaxed, laughed, talked, and enjoyed some down time -- doesn't happen often, and it was great!)
* Dinnering with friends (Deja' vu! Okay I went out again tonight with the same girlfriend from our couples night last night -- ya just gotta fit it in when you can! And then we went to Wal*Mart, which again, doesn't really count.)
* Playing with my new phone (I got the new Verizon Droid, and am LOVING it!)
* Blogging -- Yes, this is one legitimate excuse. I love this blogging gig! But really don't spend much time at it, so I must confess, it's not legitimate after all.
Well, as I look at this list, I guess none of them really carry any water. I guess I just need to clean my house. Ug.
Calgon, take me awa-a-a-a-a-y!
2 comments:
what a wonderful life! If God comes through with a white glove on judgement day we are all in trouble!
Let's be honest, it's because I (Chris) am not there. The Christmas decorations never get taken down without me, that's the whole reason you and Dad had me. Now you must really miss me!
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...