I used to think adults were old and strange when they would say there was never enough time in the day. What in the world did that mean? I figured that if you really wanted to get something done, you would! What's so hard about that? Every day is "long," with the same amount of time to fill. After all, when you're in high school, you just work stuff in around your social life, listening to music, driving around with your friends, staring at boys and fixing your hair! So, why would we need more hours in a day?
Well, now that I am an old and strange adult, I want to reinvent the timekeeping system on this planet, and put about 5 more hours of daylight before nightfall each day. Then maybe I could have a social life, listen to music while not doing anything else, drive to see my friends, spend time with my boys and find time to get my hair cut!
(Sigh) I guess the time I'll spend in Florida over the next couple of days for work will have to count as some down time. After all, I will be in nice weather, a nice hotel, with some nice people. Maybe one of them will be a hairdresser in disguise...
2 comments:
you are not alone....I am a strange adult now too!
LYNETTE!!! I just love you and love that my mom was reading your blog the other day here at my house and that I now get to keep in touch! I am with you, and so that must make me old and strange too! I am ok with that! I am all for adding more hours in the day as long as it doesn't cut into the little sleeping time that I get! Enjoy your trip to Florida, I have to admit I wish I was in Florida! I am ready for some warmer weather too!
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...