Even more, I think of those close to home -- "not too far from here" who are suffering and in need, who have burdens that just seem too big for them to bear. I know of some, I'm sure you do, too. I keep a prayer in my heart for them. I hear this song playing over and over in my head...Somebody's running out of time
Not too far from here.
Somebody's got nowhere else to go
Somebody needs a little hope
Not too far from here.
And I may not know their name,
But I'm praying just the same
That you'll use me, Lord, to wipe away a tear.
'Cause somebody's crying,
Not too far from here...
Help me, Lord, not to turn away from pain
Help me not to rest while those around me weep.
Give me Your strength and compassion
When somebody finds the road of life too steep..."
That is my prayer.
1 comment:
It really is the ultimate sentiment of mourning with those that morn and comforting those that need comfort. I must say that you are very good at this. You have such a good heart!!
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...