Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meet Linus

As you know from reading my Ballingtymes Day post, I got a new laptop (HP Pavillion dv7)  from my valentine! I have affectionately named my new friend LINUS. I am really enjoying her!

She is FAST & FABULOUS, and has an extra wide screen (17.3"). I use her for work, for personal use, for surfing, and even this VERY FIRST blogpost! I think she's going to be so great to use in all my graphics, photos, and other stuff I love to do. But I don't have my beloved PhotoShop or InDesign software on her yet...

However, I have been searching and searching for the perfect RV with wheels to allow me to take Linus on the road for work and other trips. Shouldn't be difficult, right? You see laptop cases everywhere you go, because, they were meant to be very mobile, and on the move all the time. Right? Wrong! It seems everyone expects only the standard 15-16" screens to be travelling. What's up with that?! Us wide loads need some love, too!

I borrowed sort of a makeshift one from a friend at work, so I could have Linus in Utah with me last month, until I had adequate time to continue my search. WELL, after looking in many local stores that sell wheeled cases, looking on-line (I'm kind of a hard-sell when it comes to buying on-line because I like to touch & feel my purchases), and asking around -- I am very excited to say that today at Mori Luggage at the mall, I FINALLY found a happy home in which Linus and her accessories can reside while at home or on the road!


I wanted the chic & stylish, dark red leather one, but alas, Linus cannot afford to live in a mansion on the hill. She was happy to settle for a comfortable home in the burbs...

(Sam just said, "Mom, really, you're blogging about your computer case...?!" Yes, Sam, yes I am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...