Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hit By a Truck

Seriously, I haven't been sick for like two years. I used to get some sinus/throat thing consistently each winter, and spring, I'd get totally hoarse, lose my voice, and be unable to sing (not good around Christmas time!) So I ended up going to the Vanderbilt Voice Clinic, and they did all these tests, fixed me up with cortizone shots and other magical potions so I could sing at the event that was pending, and I was barely able to squeak something out, and grateful to do that!

One of the things they told me was that because of our climate and all the heavy pollen, and allergy issues, I should take Mucinex every night, which I have done, and it has been the miracle worker! I haven't been sick, gone hoarse, or anything for a significant period of time.

UNTIL NOW...two days ago, I woke up feeling a little bit yucky, and by the end of the day, I knew I had literally been hit by the truck pictured above. I usually get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, so I drugged up on some over-the-counter stuff, went to bed real early that night, and woke up feeling a little better yesterday after almost 9 hours of sleep.  But as the day wore on, my voice got very LOW, like a smooth BASS singer, my head was cracking, and last night I just about fell into bed, feeling exhausted and I know I had truck tracks on my head.

Today, I went to the doc, and have bronchitis! YAY!! So, now I'm on an antibiotic and about $80 worth of other prescriptions, but went in to work for a few hours before coming home and falling back into bed. The meds include a cough capsule with hydrocodone -- love it when that stuff hits and brings sweet oblivion from the aches and pains, and welcome sleep!

So, anyway...all this to say: I feel like crap! And have a citizen's arrest warrant for the driver of that truck!

1 comment:

Stacey H said...

Ugh, sounds awful! So sorry you are sick! I just have to say AMEN to Mucinex... this may be TMI for a blog but the nasal spray they make has saved me before a few singing engagements! It gets things to seriously MOVE! :)

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...