Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Politically Correct

If you know me, and have known me for any length of time, you KNOW I don't follow politics much. I don't even watch the news!  I blogged last year about how my dad used to call me an OSTRICH because I kind of stay out of current affairs. Steve keeps me updated on anything he thinks I would want to know. And my friend, Holly, at work is secretary of the local Republican Women's group, and spoon feeds me from time to time.

 I saw some information on Facebook today that made me very happy! Mitt Romney is running for President again!

Again, I don't even pretend to be a political guru, or even be well-informed on a day-to-day basis about the latest political arguments. But I know enough to know that the wrong man is in office right now.  America is in deep finacial straits, not to mention all the other problems going on in this country that scream out for correction and an honest backbone. I watched enough of the last campaign debates to know that Mitt is what he says he is, he backs up his platforms with facts and experience, and, oh, BTW he's an American citizen -- and proud to show his birth certificate.

We need someone who has the knowledge, experience, transparency, integrity and leadership to do what needs to be done. Sign me up for his fan club -- oh, wait! In politics, I think it's called the political booster club. Whatever it is, I'm there.

We need Mitt.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Yes we do need Mitt, Lynette! Do you work with Connie Cain, Lynette, as she is the Secretary at the Republican Women's Club that I am a member of. I'm their Corresponding Secretary but Connie has had to be absent a lot so I have done the board meeting minutes quite a lot lately. If you know Connie, tell her I said hi. She is a lovely person!

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...