Sunday, April 10, 2011

Digital Mourning

I have lots and lots of stuff stored on my home computer. Photos, files, documents, school stuff, important papers, digital copies of important hard copies of stuff (for safe keeping).

That's all good and fine, but our computer hard drive CRASHED last weekend. I can't get to any of my stuff! And one of the most important things is all my PHOTOS! So...I was grateful that I have been using Picasa for some things lately, and they store web copies of your photos. And I just downloaded all my recent photos to my computer, and deleted them from my camera.  But...I just tried to look on Picasa, and I guess they only store copies based on your PC or something, because all that is there is the stuff I have on my laptop. (SNIFF!) I'm really hoping my stuff is not GONE, GONE, GONE.

Even with computer experts we've had come over and check it out, I fear the worst. So this week we're going to try to get it in and see if we can transfer the old stuff to a new tower. (Can you say, "New Backup Plan?")

Keep your fingers crossed for us...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...