You may recall the truck that ran over me the end of March -- well, I want to let you know it backed up and ran over me again!
Well, I should say that it's been pulling forward and backing up and pulling forward and backing up since March...and I'm STILL SICK!!
As of today, I've been on 3 antibiotics, 2 cough medicines, 2 kinds of Mucinex, 1 nose spray, and now 1 steroid and 1 inhaler. Count 'em, that's TEN medicines!! Not to mention the Nyquil and the cough drops I've been sucking down like candy.
The coughs are dry, constant, continuous, regular, like every 3 minutes. I think if I continue to cough, I will truly hack up a lung or a spleen or something -- and my head really will explode. (Sorry for the graphic nature of this post.) The people around me are seriously tired of having me cough through work meetings, church, movies, phone calls and conversations. Well, I'm seriously tired of it, too!
So the doctor's office had mercy on me today and did not charge me another co-payment, and gave me a sample inhaler so I didn't have to pay for ANOTHER prescription.
And the doc said to "get more rest..." -- that was an inviting, yet humorous thought.
However, I'm headed to bed right now. I'm counting it as prescription # ELEVEN...

No comments:
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...