In my morning commute to work, I expect others to follow the rules, move along at a legal pace, stay in their lane, take their place in line and generally play nice behind the wheel -- that way we all get where we're going on time. I let cars join the line from side streets, I let folks cross in front of me if I can't move anyway, stuff like that. No problem!
However, if you left your house 20 minutes late, that is NOT my fault, and I should not have to stop myself and every car in line behind me to let you "merge" (aka "shove") your way into the turning lane, after passing (aka "cutting in front of") the other 30 cars in line by speeding in the faster moving lane to the left and then forcing your way in!I want to shout: "This is NOT the first time you have been on this road! This lane did not magically turn into the turning lane, and catch you by surprise like a tourist! YOU know you should've gotten in line w-a-a-a-a-y back there like the rest of us did! But for some reason, you think your schedule is more important than the rest of us! You think that because you're in a rush, we should all say, 'Oh, by all means, I'm sure your timeline is much more urgent than mine! Please, PLEASE let us all put ourselves on hold for YOU to allow for your misjudgment of time and traffic, so that YOU can get where you're going on time!'"
*(Breathe)* I am a very calm driver. But this just drives me insane! I am not yet at 'road rage,' but I am at very strong 'road dismay.' These people need to be put in their place! Where are the cops when you really need them?! Rude drivers will just continue doing this -- they will keep doing it forever, unless they are stopped!
I can guarantee you they've been doing it since they cut in front of kids in the elementary school lunch line!
I'm just saying...

2 comments:
bad day on the road? To confess...I am a fast driver but very polite. I remember I was late for church one sunday and while trying to get out of one of those lanes that ran out I PUNCHED it...only to discover I had just blown the doors off of President Soderquist.
OK! I'm going to try this again and see if you get it. I won't write the same things again as I have already told you what I said, but let me know if you get this one.
Mom
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...