Anyone who knows me, knows I love the music of Martina McBride. She's one of the most consistent, successful women in country music, and I've sung her songs on stage for years. She has a strong, gentle, powerful voice, and just keeps cranking out the hits. She is amazing! Steve got me her new CD for our anniversary, and I've just listened to it one time through so far, and read the entire CD insert, which instead of having lyrics this time, she tells the story behind each song...I love that! It makes the songs so much more meaningful, especially when you're hearing them for the first time.I especially like the song "I'm Gonna Love You Through It," which talks about cancer, and support, and love, and triumph. The first time I heard this song was when I saw the music video for it. It is very well done, and features celebrities who's lives have been touched by cancer, themselves or family members (Cheryl Crow, Katie Couric, several others). She says when she first heard the song, she told her husband she just had to record it, and he said he understood, because the message of the song was exactly how he felt about her. He'd love her through anything...I'm blessed to know I have the same kind of love from my husband.
I also like "Always Gonna Be This Way," "Marry Me," and "Long Distance Lullaby." I look forward to getting to know all the songs, so I can sing along!
No comments:
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...