Sunday, November 13, 2011

Franklin Fall

I think I am OBSESSED with the colors of fall!

Either I've just become much more aware of them the past couple of years, or they've become more brilliant, or maybe a combination of the two. I'm driving around this time of year gasping and ooooh-ing and aaaah-ing over the colors! I stop in mid-sentence as I drive by beautiful trees and leaves, and mountains full of autumn color. My kids don't get it, but the colors are simply breathtaking to me!

Many of the oooh-la-la's are in Franklin, or on my way to work, and some right here in my own neighborhood! I really wish my little camera would do them justice!

Notice (upper right) the red trees on either side of Dr. Kemp's Orthodontics office just outside Forrest Crossing
(basically, with our third of four kids currently in braces, I can claim some ownership of that office with the beautiful red trees!)
The other day, I was intent upon capturing a photo of some of the gorgeous trees on my way to work. I was ready -- I had my camera out, turned on at just the right time, driving just a little slower so I could be sure to get it, pointed right where the trees were coming up, and *CLICK* took the picture, and YIKES! I found myself over the dotted line (of one-way Franklin Road). No harm, no foul, but I'm sure the driver behind me wondered about my sobriety at 7:15am!  I was disappointed that upon checking out the photo, it didn't turn out at alllllll.  Bummer...


And I love coming home into our little Forrest Crossing neighborhood and seeing this welcoming view...(even more beautiful a few days before when I DIDN'T take a photo...)


I LOVE FALL!! And don't like it when all the trees are naked, and making way for snow and ice. Which is just around the corner...so I'll enjoy while I can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That orange tree on the top right of the second collage is AMAZINGLY beautiful. We have some pretty trees here, but nothing like seeing the rolling hills in TN.
-Nath

Lori Christiansen said...

Looks almost like 'Storybook' lane in Am. Fork. Beautiful!

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...