 |
James K. Polk (from TN) Last pre-Civil War President |
Yeah, while I'd really like to be blogging about something very cool and fun right now, like my anniversary trip to
Atlanta, or
Halloween, or the beautiful colors of
FALL...alas, NO. I have no time to blog! I can't take the time to do something fun like that, because I'm up to my eyeballs in
HISTORY homework! Yes, I'm finishing up Unit 5, on "Reform and Culture" in the United States in 1790-1860. The only thing vaguely familiar to me in these chapters was the brief section on Mormonism.
 |
Nathaniel Hawthorne, Author "Scarlett Letter" and more |
And then (surprisingly enough) I knew the names of the first American authors like Washington Irving, James Fenimore Cooper, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Louisa May Alcott, Emily Dickinson and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. WOW! (I know you're thinking) She must be so well-read and very knowledgeable about early American literature!! Well of course I....
am.... not! I grew up playing the
card game "Authors." In fact, we bought the game this summer when we were in Nauvoo, and the boys like playing it, too.
Okay, my quick break is over, back to my lovely History homework. I have to write a 1000-word paper on what type of Reformist I would have been in the early 1800's, and why. Wish me luck...I've read 4 chapters and listened to 3 lectures, and I still have no idea.
1 comment:
Woww!! I'm impressed with all you have up to this point. You go with your bad self, my intelligent sista!
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...