Saturday, November 19, 2011

Broken Record

Okay, so I admit it, my clean driving record with no speeding tickets is over. I finally got a speeding ticket a month ago, and this week had to go to traffic court, and I'm in the process of taking the on-line Defensive Driving course.

At least I can take it on-line so I can do it in spurts in between my life, and if I complete it, the ticket won't go on my driving record and increase my insurance rates.

While I'm totally irritated at the way the ticket was given (ambush style by a bunch of cops pulling us over in groups during busy morning rush hour traffic), I'm even more irritated that although it was my very first offense (at my ripe old age) I have to go to Defensive Driving school! Anyone who knows me knows I already AM a defensive driver! Ug...

I can think of 10 people right now who I know well and love dearly -- who need this course more than I do. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! So, count your blessings I'm the one who got caught doing 51 in a 35 coming over a hill on busy Franklin Road in prime rush hour. Seriously, handcuff me and take me away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...