I can't believe how EARLY school started this year! Sam started his first day of
6th GRADE at Freedom Intermediate School on Friday, August 5th! Yes, I said started on a FRIDAY! Full day, counted toward attendance! Unreal...
 |
| Sam - 1st day of 6th grade |
Grayson started as a
SOPHOMORE at Centennial High School on August 11th, still very early in the year -- and early in the MORNING! He starts Seminary at 6am, so it looks like he's leaving the house in the middle of the night.
 |
| Grayson - headed out to 10th grade, on his way to early morning seminary |
I always take photos of the boys as they leave the house on the
first day of school -- the older they get the more they roll their eyes on this special tradition, but I'm the mom, so....! They were actually not too bad this year. Last year, Grayson thought his mom wast totally WHACK and wouldn't smile at all (check out that memory
HERE).
Over the weekend after Sam's first day of school, he experienced another milestone...he got
GLASSES! He looks soooo cute!
 |
| Sam picking out his frames -- so many choices! |
 |
| Sooo cute! |
The first Monday of school after Sam got his glasses, I was concerned that he might be feeling self-conscious about them, or worried what his friends would say. As he left for the bus stop, I said, "Hey, you sure look cute in your new glasses!" He said, "No, mom...I look intelligent and HOT!"
Okay, so no more worries about his self-esteem on the glasses thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...