![]() |
| Loudene Dove - August 2009 |
Over time, I've realized that it's not just in looks, because I DO actually look like my mom, but it's also in mannerisms, attitudes, likes & dislikes, and the things that make us laugh. We are very different, but we are very much alike!
Similarities:
* freckles & reddish-brown coloring
* sing alto
* country music fans
* have four children
* raised in the gospel
* got married at 19
* love scrappbooky type stuff
* love crafting and making stuff
* love watching romantic comedies
* love OREOS
Differences:
* she's 5'5", I'm 5'11"
* she's quiet & shy, I'm very outgoing
* she lived in one place growing up, I moved around alot
* she's a peacemaker, I sometimes don't know when to stop with my point
* she's veeeery patient, I'm just kinda, sorta patient
* she's mostly been a homemaker, I've been a career woman
* she loves to wear rings, I barely wear my wedding ring
* her hands always look lovely, my hands are temperamental
* she decorates for EVERY season, I just do Christmas
I could go on and on...there is much to love about my mom. ALL my friends love her, in high school they used to call her "mom." Especially my friend, Dalynda. She greatly appreciated the personal, special attention my mom always gave her. Mom was like that with our friends -- many people have been recipients of her special brand of love and attention. I wonder if we sometimes took it for granted, because we always had it!
We are very blessed! I wish we lived closer to Mom & Dad now, so we could spend time with them on a regular basis. I love and miss them so much!
![]() |
| Mom & Me -- 4th of July, 2010 |
So, on this Mother's Day, I'm sending a special wish that she can FEEL my love, and big hugs to the best mom in the world!


2 comments:
Eventhough I am so verrrrrrrry late in getting back on the Internet--after a complete computer crash--I thank you so much for your sweet comments. You made me shed a few "happy tears". These are good memories and things close to my heart and sooooooo glad that I have had the great opportunity to share such good things in great measure. Thank you again, Lynette and I love you so much, too. I did feel the hugs and best wishes.
Mom
Yay, Mom! You're back on the internet and back on my blog. Glad you had a great Mother's Day, only wish I could've delivered hugs in person. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...