Saturday, May 7, 2011

Home Alone

I am having a very weird, unusual moment.  I am home alone.

And I'm not talking about just for a few minutes, or even an hour! I am talking about being home alone for like 36 HOURS! This just n-e-v-e-r happens.

I am n-e-v-e-r home for more than a few minutes by myself. Maybe if I'm sick or something, but that doesn't count, because well, when you're sick, you are sick! It just doesn't count. I'm talking about feeling fine and having the whole house to myself, no television on, nobody calling my name, nobody asking me for anything, nothing I HAVE to do today, no meals to cook, nobody expecting any 'deliverables' from me, no homework to do, no church assignments outstanding, oooohhh...this is really weird. I'm trying to wrap my head around this feeling.

Let me explain why this situation is upon me. Earlier today, my three guys headed out to Alabama with a huge stake convoy to assist the victims of the tornados down there. They'll be gone until tomorrow night.

And yes, tomorrow is Mother's Day. Steve initially hesitated to commit to go, because he didn't want me to be alone on Mother's Day. He usually spoils me soooo much with breakfast in bed, gifts, a fabulous dinner and no cleanup or responsibilities. I do love Mother's Day! But I love even more that he and my sons are giving of themselves in this way. So I told him, OF COURSE GO! And of course, he's going to "do" Mother's Day later.

So, in reality, I get DOUBLE enjoyment, because I get this time all to myself, and in the future, I'll get the other Mother's Day fare with my guys.  WIN-WIN for me!

I just made myself a fabulous turkey wrap with avocado, lettuce, cheese, low-carb tortillas. Delicious! And then, later, I'm going to eat a few chocolate covered almonds and watch a movie. (I had Sam write down the directions on how to work my DVD player, because I really don't know how.) I shall enjoy these few hours immensely! 

Tomorrow I will sleep in, I will get up and ONLY have myself to get ready for church, no ties to find, no white shirts to iron. WHAAA???  I will attend a very empty church block -- since many of the men and boys are in Alabama. I will come home and enjoy a simple meal. Then I may blog some more, I may watch ANOTHER movie (gasp!) or I may take a late afternoon nap. Yeah, that sounds good.

Because, you know what? I CAN IF I WANT TO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...