We had a quiet Easter this year (meaning just the 'big kids,' no grandkids)... :o)
We had a beautiful church service. The ward choir, under the direction of Kim Fiske, sounded FABULOUS! I am still getting over this cotton-pickin bronchitis, so I could not sing with them, and it was painful to not be up there! I really love the music of Easter, and it was actually a treat to hear it from the audience. The closing song, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" had a congregation/choir last verse, with the descant above it, ending on a beautiful high note...gorgeous!
Sam wasn't feeling very good :o( so he stayed home from church, and I came home right after Sacrament Meeting to be with him. He got feeling better as the day wore on...
That night, our family enjoyed "The Testaments: Of One Fold and One Shepherd," which depicts the life of Christ from birth to crucifixion, and his appearance to the Nephites after his resurrection. A beautiful, touching story...one that drove home the true message of this day. We are so blessed to have this knowledge.


No comments:
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...