Saturday, February 25, 2012

Powerless

Two or three weeks ago, Sam wasn't feeling well, so Steve stayed home early in the day with him, and I left work to come home early for the afternoon. While I was working from home, I figured I'd get some soup going for dinner. So I made a huge pot of fabulous beef vegetable soup, and a yummy aroma filled the house for the afternoon while I worked on the computer.

Steve picked up Grayson after soccer conditioning, and we all dished up to eat. Right after we got everyone dished up -- the power went out! So we lit some candles, and Steve went into the gargage and got a battery-operated camping light that he hung over the kitchen table. It worked perfectly! We were all SOOO glad I started dinner early, because we later learned that a big truck had hit a cable box and our entire half of the town was out of power for almost three hours!


Sorry so blurry...

And I'm glad we had more than just candles, because this battery light was the BOMB!

But the boys didn't know what to do with themselves for that time while there was no power. No video games, no computer, no TV -- (gasp!) whatever did we do?  Although I can think of lots of things we COULD have done, what ended up happening was we all fell asleep in the living room...and when the power came back on, we basically got our PJs on and went to bed. zzzzz...

( I think that light is still connected to the light over our kitchen table. I guess I can take it off now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...