Tuesday, April 15, 2014

WICKED

So for years, I've been hearing from friends about how FABULOUS the musical "Wicked" is...well, I finally got to go see it for myself! I 'happen' to give Steve tickets for Valentine's Day -- with the stipulation that one of them be for me - haha. (More about that HERE)



It was playing at TPAC, and we got group pricing by going in with a friend from work (Briana Lutes); we were able to get good seats at a great price!




Before the show even started, I bought the soundtrack and a magnet for my collection. HA!


I really didn't know what to expect -- I couldn't imagine how they would do a 'pre-quel' to the legendary "Wizard of Oz," but they pulled it off. It was fun, inspiring, and the music was AWESOME!



I listened to the soundtrack (with the original Broadway case including Idina Menzel) non-stop in the car for days. One of my favorite, motivating parts from the song "Defying Gravity" goes like this:

"So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves a chance to fly!"



GREAT SHOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...