Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Hearts

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I was surprised at work when I got a message that I had a flower delivery at the front desk. That NEVER happens (I get flowers at home, but at work...?) So I confirmed that it was indeed Lynette Harris, not the "other" Lynette (Corbitt) at my office. And I had beautiful roses and chocolate covered strawberries, and a couple of other little surprises at the front desk. They looked so lovely on my desk all day (the flowers) and I enjoyed a couple of the BIG strawberries during the very hectic, pressure-filled, slightly frustrating day. I brought the roses home to enjoy for the next few days before I head out of town.


I gave Steve (well, I gave US) tickets to see WICKED at TPAC in April. So excited, and glad he's excited, too! I had a couple of friends on standby who would go with me if he didn't want to go! HA!

Steve and I and Sam then enjoyed the new LEGO movie (Grayson went to the CHS hockey game). Wasn't sure what to expect of a LEGO Movie, but what a crackup! Several out-loud laughs! I felt like a little kid at times. And at other times I missed having little kids...(sigh)...sometimes my 'phase' of life hits me at weird times and places. But gratefully, Grayson and Sam still like putting together Lego sets, and our bonus room is still filled with the huge "epic" creations they've made. And they will occasionally still even play with them. *SMILE* And there's always the grandkids...


It was a good heart day.

2 comments:

Jennifer Holt said...

So fun! Shane and I and the kids are going to see Wicked in April, too! Shane and I have seen it, but it will be the first time for the kids who are all very excited! We listen to the soundtrack nearly non-stop! (: Sounds like a great V-day!

Lynette said...

I heard the soundtrack one time, borrowed from a friend to learn the "better because I knew you" song for a RS event. HA! But I know it's a great soundtrack. I'm sure owning it is in my near future. I'm sure the kids will love it, too!

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...