I have been a Brad fan since I heard a song off a very early album called "Didn't Have to Be" which blew my mind, made me cry, and I just had to know who this writer was. His songs make you laugh, cry, think; they're romantic, in your face, tongue-in-cheek, patriotic, etc. He just has a great way with words! And his guitar playing...don't even get me started! I think I have every album he has recorded since then, and although I listen to him all the time and I've seen him perform many times on TV, I have never gone to a concert!
We had pretty good seats, and if my camera would have been better, I could have gotten some real good photos! His wife, Kimberly Williams-Paisley was sitting down a few rows from us in the 'guest' section. But my camera wouldn't zoom in the low light well enough to capture her and their two boys, Huck (6) and Jasper (4).
His opening act was Chris Young, who was actually really good, too! Have heard several of his songs on the radio, but don't follow him much. Brad said a couple of times he is one of the "nicest guys I've ever met."
The concert was really ALL I thought it would be. Brad is just a phenomenal entertainer. He is a FANTASTIC WRITER first, then an ELITE GUITARIST, and a good singer...in that order. But I must admit his singing is pretty darn good, and has gotten better over the years. I enjoyed every single minute of the concert!
HE ROCKED HIS GUITARS!!
Of course, the visuals were what would be expected of the top male country entertainer...AMAZING!
I was on my feet with the rest of the crowd almost the whole time, singing along to every word.
At one point, he and a few of his band members came right out in front of us -- right by where Kimberly and the VIPs were sitting, and a did a few numbers there. Now THAT was cool!
Another WILD SCREAM inducing moment was when the music started for "Remind Me" (a favorite of mine), a duet he does with Carrie Underwood. And when she walked out and sang with him, the crowd just went CRAZY! It IS Nashville, after all, and stars just hang out around here to sing at other people's concerts. We're cool like that. (Again, wishing my camera was better.)
FANTABULOUS show! I will be going to see him again.
Oh...and Steve got me this great book last year, if anyone wants to borrow it. It's a fun read, and will make you love Brad as a person as well as an entertainer!
Yeah, we're pretty much like this now, Brad and me.






















No comments:
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...