Tuesday, February 11, 2014

So-Long, Curly Top!

I remember watching Shirley Temple movies as a kid, and thinking she was adorable then. Now looking back at those movies, she seriously was adorable -- and incredibly talented for a 3-4-5 year old! My favorite movies of hers were the ones where she was really young, like "Curly Top" and "Bright Eyes," (remember "Good Ship Lollipop?).  Coached? Yes. Choreographed? Yes. A little "too cute" sometimes? Yes. But sweet and enjoyable still...

I don't remember much about the movies, just that she was in them, they were cute, she brought sunshine wherever she went, I liked watching them, and they always had a happy ending. My kind of movie!

AND...another notable thing about her, is that she 'RETIRED' at 22 from show business. She was married to Mr. Black for 55 years, she was a mother of three...and she was a U.S. Ambassador twice. I didn't follow her life closely, but looking back at it now, I can't think of many other child stars who 'turned out so well' -- actually, can't think of ANY.

She passed away yesterday, at 85 years old.


Hats off to Shirley Temple -- may she rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...