Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Davy Crockett

I've never quite understood the appeal of CAMPING in the WINTER. But for some reason, the Boy Scouts like to do it. So when Sam went with his troop mid-January, on one of the COLDEST WEEKENDS in recent Tennessee history, I was a little concerned.  I guess I "get" the whole winter survival thing...the hiking 7.5 miles up a mountain trail in cold weather carrying heavy stuff, the fire building, the layering...yada yada yada.

But when he got back, he modeled the HAT Steve had gotten for him, his thick orange coat, and I had already seen him practice putting together the 'waterproof' pup tent. So he assured me that he was toasty warm, most of the time. And he actually had fun -- and got a sunburn! HA!



BOYS.

2 comments:

My Everythings said...

That hat is awesome...and so is the teenager in it. :)

Lynette said...

Sam liked your comment, Nathalie. :)

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...