Saturday, October 5, 2013

School Year Begins

Okay, so I'm very behind in my blogging, but I'm determined to catch up, because I'm a bit obsessive about staying in chronological order, and I have lots to share! So...we're going back to early August when school started. Both boys started school RIDICULOUSLY early (August 7th), as always, and it felt like we should have had a few more weeks of summer, but they were back in the swing of things! I guess there's something to be said for routine...

Sam is in 8th grade at Freedom Middle School this year, and he was most excited about this being his LAST year at FMS. I don't know why, but his opinion of both Freedom Intermediate and Freedom Middle School has not been good at all! So, he's just glad to get out of there this year, and head to Centennial High School next fall. He already likes to go to CHS football games and such. He catches the bus at 6:35 in the mornings, and most days gets himself up and ready without being called. That's pretty cool!

Grayson is a big, bad SENIOR this year, and I can truly say he's my first child who really LOVES high school. He likes all the social aspects of being involved in sports (tennis last year, maybe this year), going to home and away football and basketball games, doing pep rallies, hanging out with friends at school events, working on after-school projects as a group, dressing up for theme weeks, etc. He has expressed several times that he loves where he is in his life, and isn't really sure about wanting to move on. [I hate to break it to him that although high school may be great, it ends...and "life" begins.] 

He leaves the house just before 6am each day to get to Seminary -- and this year it's further away, at his teacher, Tanja Crouch's house in McKay's Mill. Since he finally got his driving permit, he is now driving to Seminary in the mornings. I personally have not driven with him yet, but his Dad says he's doing pretty well. Of course, Grayson thinks he's already mastered everything there is to know behind the wheel...(sigh) teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...