Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lee Roy Parnell

Lee Roy Parnell
Okay, folks, so one day in June, I was talking to BFF, Christinie Parris, on the phone and she asked me -- "Hey, do you know who is playing downtown at the Franklin Cinema on July 13th?" Of course, I didn't, but was THRILLED to hear it was Lee Roy Parnell, who was back "On The Road" again, and of course, we just HAD to go!  (Heh, heh, "On the Road" being a pun, because it's the title of one of his biggest hits -- for all you non-Lee Roy civilian-types out there.)



After all, I've been a Lee Roy fan for many years, since I first was introduced to his music by Dianne O'Neil at the Williamson County School District when I worked there right after moving to Franklin (1992?). She was a friend of his, and he had a new single out called, "The Rock," which became one of my faves...along with many others. (Including "Love Without Mercy," "Power of Love," "Back in My Arms Again," "Tender Moment," "Night After Night," "What Kind of Fool," "On the Road," "Holding My Own," "They Don't Know You," "Wasted Time," "Straight Shooter," and the list goes on...)


I have continued to listen to his old CDs over the years. The kids can identify his music when it starts up in the van (and they unfortunately roll their eyes and basically "endure" it)! Christine used to say she wanted to have his "love child," but I just liked his music and SLIDE GUITAR. :o)

Taken in the driveway at Christine's house, as I was picking her up for the concert...
I got to meet him backstage in 1994 when Christine was house manager at the Ryman...man, I have great friends!!

 1994 at the Ryman - I was in 7th heaven when I got to meet Lee Roy backstage!
So at the Franklin Cinema, there we signs everywhere "No Photography." Well, we sort of ignored them, and I got some photos, although admittedly not real clear ones, especially when you have to sneak/zoom/crop.

SORRY FOR THE BLURRR, BUT WE WERE THERE, BABY...!


So this is me & Christine, GIDDY with anticipation, just before the curtain rose...



 
 

 
Pulled this nice, clear, lovely photo from his website
 
Curtain call with all his amazing guests...can't remember them...HA!
 
WHAT A GREAT SHOW -- and an awesome trip down memory lane, as well as an introduction to some of his new music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...