Saturday, May 11, 2013

Christine's Sweet "60"

I first met Christine Parris about 15(?) years ago, when she and her two kids, Katie & Ricky first moved to Franklin. We knew each other, but didn't really "KNOW" each other until we took a road trip together to attend Lynn Proctor's wedding to Rob Grzech in the St. Louis temple (before Franklin had a temple). That is where we became fast friends. We have great memories and stories from that particular adventure (boy, do we)! We're so different from each other that we're still trying to figure out just WHY we're friends :O), but whatever...we just are!

I remind her that it must be because she's (almost) 10 years older than me and I like to hang out with 'old folks,' but she insists she's much younger than me in maturity, and I guess I would have to agree with her there.

Michelle Bennett and I were discussing throwing her a surprise birthday party for her "BIG 60," but it was just too complicated, so we told her about it and let her help us with the guest list. She promised to model her "surprised-face."  Of course, we held the event at the "party house" (the Bennett's) and had a GREAT TIME!


Christine loves "Mary Englebreit," so we had Aimee Paturno make her this very cool cake! (Aimee made my 50th birthday cake, Michelle's cake, Connie's cake, Elle's cake -- you've seen much of her handiwork on this blog!) Christine LOVED it!

 
 
Christine with her MUCH YOUNGER party-throwing friends, Michelle and me.
 
 

Christine with her kids, Ricky & Katie
 
 
Christine loved every minute of her party, including the
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG and blowing out candles!
 

Whatever the reasons, I'm sure glad we're friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...