Monday, February 18, 2013

Three Ingredient Cupcakes

Yes, you read it correctly, the cupcake at the left was made with THREE SIMPLE INGREDIENTS.  Do you want to know what they were? Really...? Are you ready...? Have you got a pen and a recipe card...? Ready now...? Here goes:


1) Regular Box of Devils' Food Cake Mix
2) Can of Pure Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, just pumpkin)
3) 1 Cup chopped Walnuts

Mix with your hand mixer/beaters, pour into cake pan or cupcake tins. Batter is very thick (it actually broke my beaters this last time -- even though they were very old beaters, I think from my wedding in 1981). If you're making a cake, it will be taller, and will need to cook about 10-15 minutes longer than usual. Keep checking with toothpick.

For mini cupcakes, it makes 48, and they cook for 16 minutes at 350.

Smooth your cake or cupcake batter out on the top before cooking, as the batter doesn't "settle" or smooth out like regular mixes do.

AND...Twa-la! When they're done, there are a couple of additional TOPPINGS, (but they're not technically ingredients :o).



For the record, I prefer them plain, with NO frosting or sprinkles. They're so moist and delicious all by themselves!

This is my new favorite, quick, delicious, fun treat to share! (Seriously, I think I've made them like 10 times since Thanksgiving...using different sprinkles, of course and taken them to work, friends, visiting teaching, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...