Thursday, November 29, 2012

Megan's Wedding




 
My friends, Brian & Pamela Hayes, from Ambest days (1993 - 2001) have a daughter, Megan, who got married on November 9th. They asked me to sing at the wedding and the reception, and I was honored to do so!

Megan married Brian Gage in the historic Scarritt-Bennett Methodist chapel in downtown Nashville. It was a beautiful ceremony, and she was a gorgeous bride!

I sang Carrie Underwood's "Mama's Song" at the beginning as the mothers and grandmothers were being seated. Then after they exchanged vows, I sang Linda Ronstadt's "Feels Like Home to Me."

 
Proud father of the bride, Brian





The reception was held at Loveless Barn, an event venue behind Nashville's famous Loveless Cafe. Since (husband, not dad) Brian is from Texas, and Megan is from Tennessee, they went with a 'country' theme with their decorations at the rehearsal dinner Friday night, and the reception on Saturday. It was fun!
 
 
 



Pamela, mother of the bride
 

 
As part of their 'country' theme, they asked me to welcome the crowd to Nashville with a couple of Patsy Cline songs, so I sang "Sweet Dreams" and "Walkin' After Midnight."
 
With some family & friends of the bride/groom -- Standing by me are Burt & Patsy Newman from Ambest
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Megan is Randi's age, and I remember them playing together at our house, doing puppet shows, we all went to Hawaii together with Ambest in 1996, with the two grandmas coming along to watch the kids [Granny Nannies] at the beach and at the pools, shopping, etc. -- while Pam and I (and Brian & Steve) worked! Wow, I guess just a few years have passed since then... 

2 comments:

My Everythings said...

Here photographer, Evin, and I went to school together. :)

Lynette said...

Cool, Nath! Small world, huh! I thought her photos were beautiful.

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...