You know, I thought I had trained my kids well. I thought I had trained my HUSBAND well! But then the husband and one of the kids goes off to Scout camp, and come home with barely any photos...even after MOM had texted twice to remind them...it makes a person reconsider whether or not they have done enough training!
Oh, well...SAM had a great time on his first overnight scout campout the end of April. As an 11-year old scout, this will be his only one, because he's 12 in a couple of weeks, and will then be going with all the older scouts!
They enjoyed HOBO dinners cooked over the fire, and scrambled eggs & bacon for breakfast the next morning. (I guess Sam liked taking photos of the groups in the tents. I was hoping for more shots of him participating in activities, etc. I have REALLY got to improve my training!) He passed off a bunch of things to get closer achieving his next rank, which is 2nd Class.
Even though it rained all night (bringing little FROGS into their tent), they were surrounded by wet things the entire time, Sam slept like a log and Steve didn't sleep a wink, they may have been a bit miserable at times, and they came home smelling like a campfire...they had fun. Isn't that what camping is all about? Being miserable?? (Ahem...) Wait, I meant having FUN?!
Sam has also been working on some merit badges, and recently completed this very cool "KNOT BOARD" at scouts, working with his leader, Dan Kane.
AND...he's almost finished with his "Faith in God," which he has to have done before he turns 12 in a couple of weeks. WHEW!
Way to go, SCOUT!


1 comment:
Congrats, Sam. You Scouter, you.
Loudene
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...