Sunday, October 9, 2011

Conference Noodles

Last weekend was General Conference. I look forward to this weekend twice a year -- because I really am anxious to hear words from our prophet and leaders. And also, admittedly, because we get to sleep in, stay in our jammies all day, and watch Conference on the internet.


Our stake had a big Women's Conference event around the General Women's Broadcast the weekend before, which was (a lot of work and) wonderful! We handed out booklets we compiled of spiritual experiences from women throughout the stake, called "Sisters of Faith." They really are a neat keepsake! And we had a musical program before the broadcast, and refreshments afterward.





Then we listened to the Saturday afternoon session, the guys went to the Priesthood session at the Stake Center Saturday night (with a BBQ dinner provided before), and we watched both sessions on Sunday. I can truly say my cup was filled once again by the words I heard.

I really enjoyed all the talks, and was particularly uplifted by and found personal application in:

"Forget Me Not" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"A Time to Prepare" by Ian S. Ardern of the Seventy

"A Witness" by Henry B. Eyring

"Love Her Mother" by Elaine S. Dalton

"The Songs They Could Not Sing" by Quentin L. Cook

Between sessions on Sunday, Sam helped me make some of my mom's famous homemade noodles, as we made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup. It was so delicious, and fed our bodies as Conference fed our souls.



Afterward, we all played CAREERS -- and of course, Steve and I were scobbed by the boys. Sam won, Grayson came in second, then Steve, and regrettably, I was still 4 hearts short of victory in the end.



I Love Conference Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...