Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

It's been busy and hectic today, but we're winding down, and looking back on a great day. One of my favorite things about this Father's Day is one of the gifts I got to give Steve, known as "Pops" to our 5 grandsons.
Last December, they had a United Way fundraiser at work, and I bought $10 worth of tickets for a personalized caricature drawn by one of our employees, Dale Braden, who is a gifted artist in disguise. Well, two of them were given away, and I WON ONE! I was so excited. And although it took until June to collect my prize (not because it takes him that long, but just competing priorities for him) -- I LOVE THE FINAL RESULT!! I framed it and gave it to Steve for Father's Day. He was totally surprised, and just loves it, too!
                                                                                   

I also gave a smaller framed copy to Randi, and have one for Chris & Nathalie -- and for Mom & Dad. So...when you read this, know you have a copy coming!!  :o)

Also, a couple of weeks ago, Sam was at our friend, Michelle Bennett's house and she took him with her to a Primary activity where they decorated TIES for Father's Day...so Sam made one for Steve. Now, Bennetts are in a different ward, and everyone in THEIR ward would be wearing these ties on Father's Day. But Steve would be the ONLY one in our ward wearing one (haha) -- but he wore it with pride, because it was made with love by his sweet 10-year old. (And as it turns out, our visiting high councilman is from the Bennett's ward, and wore his tie on the stand and everything!) So cute...and everyone in the Carnton Ward knows Steve is loved!


Below are some pics from our fun day today. Randi and her boys came over, and we just had a nice afternoon eating good food, opening presents, holding babies, hugging on kiddos and eating red velvet cake (shhhh, it was enhanced with some 'healthy' puddings from our weight loss program).


I also want to send a special FATHER'S DAY  'shout out' to my own dad, who I love dearly! Our family has been so blessed to have you as our dad and patriarch. I talked to you on the phone last night, and know you had a wonderful day today. I look forward to you and Mom coming to visit in August, and all the fun we'll have, and the next memories we'll make. I love you, Dad!

               

And...last but not least, I want to wish my son, Chris, a very Happy Father's Day. It's his THIRD official Father's Day, and I know he is a wonderful dad to our precious grandsons, Colton & Rogan. We're blessed to have such a great son, who's an exemplary husband and father. We love and miss your family, Chris, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

1 comment:

diannealexan@gmail.com said...

What an adorable caricature of the five little boys, and what a good time to bring it 'out of the closet'. Love the tie. Steve must have felt like the most loved father in your Ward.

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...