Friday, June 18, 2010

Blessed

I am often reminded that although our life as a family is very busy and crazy, hectic and rushed, over-scheduled and tightly wound, stretched to the limits, and then some at times -- we are very blessed.

We have love. We have good health. We have the gospel. We have extended family who we hold dear. We have close friends who are like family. We are employed. We have music. We have knowledge. We have opportunity. We live in America. We are sheltered from much of the pain that exists in the world. We have hope. We have faith in a God who loves us all, and will fix our troubled world someday.

I know these blessings are not necessarily common, and they are unique to our family. Every family has their own set. The fact that we can do all we do each day, running our many different directions at 'mach speed' is a blessing in itself. I try not to take things for granted. It could be so different with the snap of a finger. It is already different and difficult for so many.

Life is good, and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...