Monday, September 1, 2014

Grayson - Seminary Graduation


After four LONG years of 'early morning seminary,' that started at 6am each weekday, Grayson graduated! I remember reading somewhere the statistics of early morning seminary students. They are pretty staggering in that those who 'sacrifice' and go to class at 6am tend to develop stronger testimonies, fill more missions, stay stronger in the gospel longer, etc. I don't know if that is true, and I'm sure there are pros and cons of both -- Steve and I were both blessed to have 'release time' seminary -- but I think it has definitely been good for our kids to make that sacrifice.


There's something to be said for getting up around 5:15am each day and heading out to class for that early morning 'devotional.' Steve taught early morning seminary back when Sam was a baby and Randi was in Seminary. At that time they met at the church, but Grayson met at Bart & Kathy Wheeler's house for two years, then at teacher, Tanja Crouch's house for two years. (Tanja was also Chris' teacher years ago.)

Lee Pennington, James Grayson and Grayson

Grayson and lifelong buddy, Hannah Bennett

Hannah and Spencer Bennett
Also, the ward youth leaders held a special SENIOR NIGHT the week before where they honored each of the graduating seniors. They did a slide show of photos of all the graduates, display tables, posters for each one, gift baskets, and the parents told a little about each student.

Here are some of the photos I submitted for the slide show:






His display table


Graduates with their gift baskets: Grayson, Jordan Johns, Blake Scott, Ben Paine, Hannah Bennett

Graduates wearing their candy necklaces made by the Young Women

We brought his poster home and hung it in the entryway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...