CorizonTV -- Alameda County, CA
We flew to Alameda County Jail, in Santa Rita CA, which is Corizon's longest standing client, at over 26 years.
![]() |
| My matching pink phone would have been in the photo -- but it was TAKING the photo. |
We were there to film their outstanding Women's Health programs. It's a beautiful property, the people were very gracious, and the final episode turned out to be one of my favorites we've filmed so far. Click here to check it out on our YouTube channel: CorizonTV - Alameda Co. Jail It's pretty cool to see what happens behind bars!
We got some shots of the men outside on the grounds, even though we won't use for this episode. It was funny, either they wanted to hide their faces, or they wanted to do pushups and spike the volleyball and grandstand for the camera, with just a few in between.
They had these cool little robotic carts that ran on a track and came around to pick up dirty food trays, laundry bags, etc. I guess they've had them for many years, but they seemed pretty high tech to me.
Inside the medical unit and the female facility:
Again, I love how this episode turned out. It's brief, I hope you'll watch it at the link above!
Great DVL film crew, great Corizon team in Alameda, fun to spotlight their good work.
![]() |
| Crew dinner after the wrap! |
![]() |
| Filming the hosted portion -- and showing the final product!(Top Photo: Shawn, Rebecca Warren, Jason Marlin, Kristin Priesol, me, Callahan Miller) |
One of the new company initiatives we have that defines our professionalism policy and lays out our executive leadership expectations is called CorizonSMART. It had been in the works for awhile, but all of a sudden, they wanted the video done in time for our leadership training. So we did it! It was a quick turn, but turned out great and we were able to show it at the leadership meeting.
I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't take any photos during the CorizonSMART filming. But DVL has this cool interstate sign in their break room, so we got this shot in front of it when we were done!
And this is what it looked like on the screen in Atlanta:
ATLANTA -- Leadership Training Meeting
We had a successful leadership training in Atlanta. When I went to check into my room, I found it amusing that they had put me in a room with a bed about 2 inches off the floor. WHAAA??? One of their tallest (female) guests, and I'd be sitting on the edge of the bed with my chin on my knees...Um, no thank you. I asked for a different room.
After that, the accommodations were just fine.
One of my responsibilities there was to go in a day early and get new head shots of our Vice Presidents and above. So, getting all that organized with their travel/arrival/meeting schedules was a challenge, but we did it! Although I can't believe I didn't take any photos of the 'shoots' we did get some great head shots. And the DVL photo crew had a nice dinner that night.
![]() |
| Gale Gargiulo, Melanie Taylor, Holly Rawnsley and me, "Lynelle" (long story) |
It was a successful event, but I couldn't wait to get home because we had lots of fun stuff getting ready to happen starting the very next day! (see next post)





















No comments:
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...