Okay, so yeah, I know it's another post about WORK, but I do spend an awful lot of time there -- and this time my work coincides with other stuff I love, namely MUSIC, so...I want to share it with my 'thousands' of blog readers, and preserve the memories for when I'm 90 and try to remember what I used to do every day. (How was that for one long run-on sentence?!)
The NCCHC Conference was held in Nashville this year, so along with making an appearance at the trade show booth...
I was asked to SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM as part of the Opening Ceremony, along with the Tennessee Color Guard's posting of the colors. Of course, I was very flattered, and happy to represent Corizon in this way. So on the morning of October 28th, in a room of about 1500 corrections professionals, I was introduced as "Lynette Harris, Professional Singer and Corrections Professional." And I sang the National Anthem (notice how I wore my Corizon shirt?). Since they didn't announce that I work for Corizon (I guess they can't show favoritism among their sponsors), I let folks know in my own way. heh, heh (And...they played songs from my CD over the PA speakers as people were coming in and out of the event -- but of course, nobody knew it but me, because nobody's ever heard the million-selling CD! HAAA...!)
![]() |
| I asked them to use the Cybill Shepherd 'soft lens' (removes wrinkles & extra poundage) but obviously they forgot to bring it. |
And, that evening Corizon sponsored an event at the Wild Horse Saloon downtown Nashville.
![]() |
| Janet Vogelaar and I -- the party planners, enjoying 'drinks with the guys.' |
![]() |
| Janet and I with Larry Pomeroy, our original boss at PHS before the Corizon merge. His long hair and tan show that he is now retired and always travelling for pleasure instead of business! |
![]() |
| Marketing Team: Janet Vogelaar, Jaime Starkey, Me, Jennie Latimer |
Another successful event!












No comments:
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...