Sunday, August 4, 2013

Never, Ever Go to Jail!

My boys are used to hearing me say "Never, EVER go to jail!" I can start the sentence, and they can finish it. Because I'm in correctional healthcare, I see and hear about some pretty YUKKY stuff that happens behind bars, and I just pray that my kids stay out of there at any cost.
 
But as long as my kids aren't involved (haha), and as long as I'm accompanied by plenty of big, strong security guards -- I really do love going into the facilities while working on marketing projects for correctional healthcare. One of the things I've gotten to do a lot this year is filming videos for our website, for CorizonTV, and for our newly launched social media campaign. IT ROCKS! I LOVE doing this, and I'm putting more of this in my budget for next year! :0)
 
We are updating our website home page video, and doing a new one for each of the prison and jail divisions (total of 3). In May, I visited Lexington-Fayette County Jail (KY) and we got some great footage there for the jail video.
 
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DRIVE!
 
 
And...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FACILITY! Seriously...this is a JAIL?!
 
 
When we got there, the first day we do a walk-through and see the facility, so we can sort of plot our course for filming the next day. We took these shots during the walk-through.
 
Yeah, pretty funny that we're all pondering being "BOOKED." (I kept thinking, "Book 'em, Danno!)
NOTICE these conditions of patients the staff were treating that day. The first one: THREATS TO **HARM**
MEDICAL STAFF! And SAFETY RISK TO OTHERS. I have much respect for our clinical staff who deal with
this stuff day in and day out. They really are amazing.
WARNING: GROSS-NESS AHEAD...
Interesting DECOR hanging on Jail Walls...
 
These were taken during the actual filming (employees posing as inmates, by client request no real inmates could be used).
 
Interview lower right with Rodney Ballard, the Lexington Director (our client).
 
 

 
 
 

Jail Staff (on the ends) and DVL Film Crew in the Mental Health Unit...we saw some WILD stuff in there!
And you may recognize the film crew guy with the basketball from a previous photo where he posed as an
inmate and shot about 100 shots to make ONE we could use in the video (HA! Poor guy!) But there was a
rubber thing around the top of the hoop (for security or something?) and it made it extra difficult to get  a shot in.
But I fear the film crew guys will NEVER let him live that down. And he did it in a fishbowl of staff & inmates.
We had a nice dinner after we were done filming, at a steakhouse called Malone's . I was about to get the salmon, and Jimmy Chaffin talked me into "the best steak I would ever eat." And he was RIGHT! It was fabulous.



 
Jimmy Chaffin, Tom Zaleski, Patrick, me, Cheryl Bak
 
Watch for another post soon regarding PRISON filming!


1 comment:

Lori Christiansen said...

Wow! Now that doesn't look like the prisons I've seen...not that I look at them a lot or anything. Those are awesome pics!!

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...