Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Stake Musical & Necklace Story



The Franklin Stake hosted a multi-faith Christmas Program on December 9th, and had about 14 numbers performed by soloists and groups from around the area. I think it was about a 50/50 split with LDS and other faiths. The program was very good and an excellent opportunity to get non-members into our church building and better introduce ourselves into the community.
I was invited to sing on the program, and performed "Mary, Did You Know?" accompanied on piano by Randy Kartchner. It was a less churchy, non-Sacrament Meeting type setting with a spotlight and all, so I wanted to dress it up a bit.
 
THE NECKLACE STORY:
 
When we lived in Utah, I worked at the Eldred Senior Citizen Center (1980-1988), and one of my dear friends there, Gina Tucci, gave me some BEAUTIFUL cut-glass jewelery specifically to 'wear on stage.' (I have lots of stories about sweet Gina, but for now, we'll focus on the jewelery). She and her husband, Peter, were former big-wigs with Texaco, and had lived everywhere! She used to entertain oil executives from all over the world at her mansion(s) all the time wearing evening gowns, long gloves, and lots of BLING.
She had lots of real jewels, but also a collection of exquisite costume jewelery, better quality than anything I have ever owned. So I was singing alot at the time, and she gave me 2-3 pieces of beautiful jewelery from her collection to wear on stage. The occasion has to be right to wear this BLING, and I hope it was okay that I felt this was one of those occasions...and I thought of Gina all evening while wearing the necklace. Such a wonderful, sweet, giving person!


The necklace has matching dangle earrings with 6-8 of these stones on EACH ONE! I didn't wear those...I didn't want to totally blind the audience!  :o)

Our Stake RS Presidency was in charge of the refreshments that night, so with Michelle Bennett's fabulous decorations and 70 (YES, SEVENTY) pies from Pie Sensations, we served the crowd following the performance.




Michelle made our presidency these fun Santa aprons just for the occasion!

Franklin Stake RS Presidency: Jennifer Lamoreaux (Secretary); Barbara Williams, (2nd Counselor);
Michelle Bennett (1st counselor); and Muah (President)

Michelle, Me, and Whitney (Michelle's daughter) who was also
 a big help with last minute decorations and details!!

It was a great evening -- but a bit stressful, so I was glad when it was over!! :o)

1 comment:

loudene said...

You girls look fab.Such fun stuff. Tell Michelle hi for us.

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...