We got a (great) lazy start to the day today, January 21, 2013. It's Martin Luther King Day, or as I like to call it, Civil Rights Day, so I was off work and the boys were out of school. (Coincidentally, it was also inauguration day, so I purposely left the television off, and didn't get online until now.)
I started working on one of my New Year's Resolutions: DE-JUNKING. If I recall, this has been a resolution of mine for some time, and it keeps getting moved back to the top of the list periodically, because I keep NOT DOING IT!
So, this morning I started on my bedroom. I had an attitude of: I SHALL CONQUER! I turned on my clock radio, and started cleaning off my nightstand. I put half-read books away, put healthy cookbooks back in the kitchen, back scratching tools in the drawer, dusted off my lamp, threw away some pricetags from last-minute Christmas wrapping, cleaned off, straightened up, and actually used Pledge on a wooden surface! It was so nice to see wood!
And I was ready to CONQUER the next surface, when I got a phone call...
Andrew was back in the hospital with pneumonia. And the car owned by John & Teresa (who Randi shares a house with) had broken down in Brentwood while Randi was taking John to work, and Randi needed to get back the hospital.
So Sam and I headed out. We picked up Randi in Brentwood (John was waiting for tow truck) and we headed to Vanderbilt. They still had Andrew in the ER where where he had been since the wee hours of the morning. They had found pneumonia in the lower right lobe of his lung, his oxygen intake was in the low 80's, so they had him on breathing treatments every 2 hours. So they had him on an IV, and a heart monitor, and all that stuff. They were still waiting to admit him and get him into a room.
![]() |
| Smiley patient... |
![]() |
| Andrew showed us his IV, and was saying "that red stuff is just my blood." He was VERY BRAVE! |
We picked up Cielo and Bryson at day care. When I was putting Bryson's coat on, he asked "Are we going to your house, Grammy?" I said, "No, not today." He asked, "Is Pops at your house?" I said, "No, he's at work." He asked, "Is Uncle Chris at your house?" (SMILE) I said, "No, he went in his car and drove far, far away to his house in Nebraska -- and (anticipating his next question) so did Nathalie, Colton, Rogan, and baby Addie." He then asked about Uncle Grayson (who I said was home) and Uncle Sam (who I said was at the hospital with Andrew). Bryson said, "I want to go to the hospital with Andrew!" SO CUTE! Can't believe he'll be three in a couple of weeks.
But alas, we took them home, and just mommy went back to the hospital with Andrew, probably to spend the night with him there again. (sigh)
Steve and I were able to go to the new movie, "Lincoln," starring Daniel Day Lewis, Tommy Lee Jones, & Sally Field. It was VERY GOOD, and a good history lesson for me.
Amazing acting, and from the 'buzzzz' probably earned them some Oscars. So, in honor of that (heh, heh) we stopped on the way home and got Oscar's for dinner -- albeit actually at the request of the boys who did NOT want to go to the movie so stayed home and played on the XBox.
I'm sure they've been wondering where their biggest fans have been...since I think we went there like SIX times while Chris & Nathalie were here -- there's obviously not an Oscar's in Nebraska.








2 comments:
Detail corrections: it was the lower right lobe of his LUNG not his heart. We made it home around 7:00 last night. He is doing better and we have a follow up appointment tomorrow afternoon with his primary care doctor. Wish us luck and keep the prayers coming!! Thanks all! Love you lots.
OOoops, yes of course! His LUNG, not his heart! Silly Grammy. I have corrected it in the post, in case anyone else reads the post and not the comments. :O)
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...