Yep, I have. Nope, I couldn't wish it away, couldn't hide from it, couldn't pretend it wasn't happening, couldn't lie about it (any more) and couldn't ignore it. It came. Gratefully, family and friends helped me survive it.
I was in Denver for the ACA convention the weekend before my birthday, getting home after midnight Tuesday, so I came in to work a little late on Wednesday (my birthday). This is what I found in my office...and a floor full of balloons!
My assistant, Jennie Latimer, and I both share the same birthday...she turned the BIG 3-0 (a baby). Wooo-hooo! So we celebrated together all day -- and went to lunch, I paid her ticket, she paid mine! :o)
Chris & Nathalie sent me my favorite flowers, DAISIES that look so lovely in my office!
We were so excited to hear that our dear friends, Jeff & Deb Sermon, happened to be in town for a conference on my actual birthday. We drove to Opryland Hotel and picked them up -- went to a dinner at Chuy's. It was GREAT to visit and catch up with some of our favorite people in the whole world! Love these guys!
Schedules were crazy this past couple of weeks, but able to fit in fun birthday lunch dates with great friends, Rochelle Payne, Cynthia Howard, and Christine Parris (no photos). And then with Connie Thomas and Michelle Bennett!!
![]() |
| Connie, Michelle and I |
This FABULOUS (albeit "graveyard") CAKE was made by Aimee Paturno...
Watch the BLOWING OUT OF THE BONFIRE below:
![]() |
| Stake RS Presidency: Barb Williams (Counselor), Jen Lamoreaux (Sec'y), Pres (me), Michelle Bennett (Counselor) |
...and we enjoyed watching the swimming and gymnastics for the 2012 Olympics in LONDON in between all our partying...
















2 comments:
sah-weet glasses...keep 'em.
You look fantastic and when I say that I mean that you look fantastic. Sometimes when people say that on FB on someone's post I wonder if they are looking at the same picture I am.
But with you, it's true.
Just sayin'
I love all this partying and having so much fun---even if you are sorta "OTH"?----ahummmm --
Over The Hill. Anyway, what a celebration and what a lot of good friends and family and co-workers. My, my, my! What a lucky girl we have and you are. We send our love and hugs, too --even with the "50" card. Your dad laughed and laughed at that one. Just a reminder of when you sent him the complimentary membership to the Senior Citizens. Remember?
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...