Sunday, August 26, 2012

I LOVE My Job!


At Corizon, we are working on our next segment of CorizonTV, an internal employee news show that I do. The upcoming piece is centered on our fabulous team of over 6000 NURSES across the nation! I was going to go to California to interview some of our longest-term nurses, but this past week I was talking to Becky Pinney, our Chief Nursing Officer, and she said, "You know, we have some EXCELLENT nurses in the Idaho prison system." Then she said almost apologetically, "Would you mind going there instead?" I said, "Oh, okay, sure -- happy to go wherever you think is best."

INSIDE, I was going "YES! YES! SCORE!! Going to see my mom & dad! KA-CHING!!"

So this Thursday, I leave for IDAHO! I'll fly to SLC, have lunch with the fabulous SIBS (uh, Dan, Corinne & Lori), and then drive 5 hours to Rexburg. The next day I'll get up early, (try to talk my parents in to coming with me) drive 5 hours to Boise, do the interviews, drive 5 hours back to Rexburg, and CRASH (the sleep kind).
Then I get to relax and spend LABOR DAY WEEKEND with my parents -- and fly home on Tuesday! I'll just make sure I bring my "road tunes" since there'll be lots of drive time...rockin' out & drivin', sangin' & motatin' -- trying not to miss exits and road signs in my not-so-well-known state of Idaho, and my well-known state of being geographically challenged.

WOO-HOOO!!
Couldn't have worked out better!  I just love those Idaho nurses now as much as Becky does, and I haven't even met them yet! Have I mentioned that I LOVE MY JOB?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...