Friday, August 24, 2012

Sammer Bammer

Sam has had either a very EVENTFUL few weeks, or a very BORING few weeks he MADE eventful!

One day he just walked into the kitchen in a "makeshift terrorist" outfit out of neon green duct tape and a white t-shirt. (where does this stuff come from?!)


At SCOUT CAMP, they did Air Soft Guns -- of COURSE they wore GOGGLES, but when his fogged up and he took them off as they were running in the dark, he was attacked in the face by a wild branch, giving him a black eye. He wore the black eye like a 'badge of courage' as he passed the sacrament the next day.

He said it was a TOTAL BLAST -- he's only looking mad in these photos because mom was taking photos!


The big, round, red marks are from getting hit with air soft bullets! I KNOW, RIGHT?! This was a TOTAL BLAST!? 

And a couple of weeks ago on a SuNdAy Night, we had about 30 minutes, and he decided he wanted to play a long, involved game like Monopoly or Careers. In the interest of TIME...I finally convinced him to play a simple game (that I was sure MOM could win, and we could both go to bed happy)...WRONG.  (Well, ONE of us went to bed happy, but it wasn't me.)

 
 
When I got home from Stake RS Auxiliary Training this past Saturday, I was ready to pass out from exhaustion and sleep deprivation the few days before. I took a couple of pain relievers on the way home for a massive headache, and then discovered they were "NightTime" pills, so then I REALLY needed to pass out for a little while!
 
Sam was patient enough to let me sleep for about 90 minutes, and then he just HAD to get to the pool to finish passing off his Swimming Merit Badge. So we did that next...
 

 

AND...I was looking for something else and ran across this old photo from EARLY 2008 -- so cute, I just had to post.



PLUS...Sam just started 7th Grade (see next post).  BUSY BOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...