Friday, March 2, 2012

Recycling

Okay, I'm late to the game in recycling. I admit it -- I've been a holdout for the past few years, not wanting to go to the trouble to separate out our trash, take up extra room in my kitchen for a separate container, etc. (I know: bad, bad mama)

Well, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to start recycling -- baby steps. Which worked out nicely, because Grayson decided to create our Harris Recycling Center as part of one of his scouting merit bagdes.

So he did some research, shared details on the importance of recycling, what can be recycled, etc. and we bought a new trash can for trash and used the old one for recyclable items -- with spiffy blue trash bags.



It was Grayson's project, but I must admit I was so proud to see our little blue bag out by the trash can that first Wednesday morning for pickup. The trash collectors have probably been talking about us behind our backs -- "that lame family at 1619 -- no blue bags!!"

But now, of course the Harris' recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...