Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanks, Sally

Yesterday, I sang in our ward's Sacrament Meeting. I did a song called, "Shepherd of My Soul," by Sally DeFord (Susie Kartchner accompanied me...again). The song is beautiful; the lyrics are so tender, and so meaningful. Every time I sing it, it touches my own heart, and many listeners express their appreciation. The lyrics are below...

Who is this Jesus -- whose voice the winds obey?
What manner of Man is this?
Who, with a word, can calm the angry seas
Or still the tempest in my breast?

Who is this Man -- who opens sightless eyes
And gives my longing spirit light?
At whose command the multitude is fed?
Who fills me with the bread of life?

   He is my Shepherd; he calls me by His name
   And bids me rest safe within His fold.
   And I will stand as witness of His everlasting love
   My Lord, my God; the Shepherd of my soul.

Who is this Jesus -- the world has set at naught?
This Healer whose pow’r I know?
At whose command the lame rise up and walk?
Whose mighty hand has made me whole?

Who is this Man -- who seeks me when I stray?
Who hears my every anguished cry?
Who bears my grief, who suffers all my pain
And returns to me unmeasured joy?

   He is my Shepherd; he calls me by my name
   And bids me rest safe within His fold.
   And I will stand as witness of His everlasting love
   My Lord, my God; the Shepherd of my soul.

Thank you, Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...