Last Sunday afternoon, he was doodling on piano, just playing some songs he was working on for his lessons, and also decided he wanted to "write another song." So we printed off some staff paper from on-line, and he's in the process of composing another work of art. (His teacher says they're actually very good!)
When he was on a break from that, I sat down and started playing and singing "Jesus Once Was a Little Child," in the most plain, simple, by-ear version you can play, with a very basic 1-2-3 chord left hand accompaniment. Not sure when or where I learned that, but it came out like I have known it for years, so I must have.
So after playing it a few times, I asked Sam if he wanted to learn the left hand. Of course, he said, "Sure!" So after working on it together for about 20-30 minutes, he could play it perfectly! It was so fun to play as a duet, which we did several times.
I just LOVE that he LOVES piano!



No comments:
Post a Comment
You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...