Saturday, October 2, 2010

29 Years...and Counting


Twenty-nine years ago today, October 2, 1981, I became Mrs. Stephen D. Harris. It was a beautiful October day in Utah, with clear, blue skies and cool weather.


Coming out of Provo Temple
 
North side of the Provo Temple

We were surrounded by our family and friends at the temple, then we went to the home of friends, Ray & Peggy Bishop, who hosted a brunch before heading over to the church for photos and the reception.


Family and Friends
 
Mr. & Mrs. Stephen D. Harris



Bridesmaids: Lori Dove, Dalynda (Peterson) Larsen,
Corinne Dove, Sally (Young) Mower and Beth Harris

Parents & Grandparents

Cutting our Wedding Cake -- Made by Steve's Mom
 
Singing "Looking Through the Eyes of Love"
(In 2005, I sang this same song at Chris
and Nathalie's wedding)

In the past 29 years, there have been (of course) many exciting, challenging, rewarding, difficult and wonderful experiences. To summarize a few:

* Four wonderful children (now 10-27 years old)
* Pursuit of music career in Nashville
* The loss of beloved grandparents
* 7 Moves (apartments, rentals, and owned two homes)
* Job Changes/Financial Pursuits - several for both of us
* Steve going back to school, earning Masters degree - 2005
* Various illnesses and surgeries
* Memorable trips, vacations and recreation
* Education you could never get in a classroom
* Ups & downs, downs & ups, and everything in between
* Five wonderful grandsons (now 8 months to 3 years old)
 
Summer 2009


I'm blessed to have a wonderful man with a kind heart, who loves me, serves our family endlessly, honors his priesthood and helps so many people in his work. 

Here's to another 29 years, and beyond...!

6 comments:

My Everythings said...

I loooove that last picture of you and Steve. You are so beautiful. Happy Anniversary! Love you both.

diannealexan@gmail.com said...

I enjoyed looking at these, Lynette. You're still gorgeous, don't look anything close to a grandmother yet.

Stacey H said...

Congrats! What a sweet post! Jared and I also love "Looking in the Eyes of Love." One of the tunes we can actually do together! :)

Nancy said...

Lynette, I have enjoyed so much this blog and especially this one. It is nice to know that some people know how to keep love alive. It is a great accomplishment these days. I saw the anniversary photo on fb but didn't think to go to your blog and it has been well worth the visit. Love you two wonderful people!

Lynette said...

You are all so very kind in your comments...precious experiences and memories make life so sweet! And great friends and family like you! THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Lynette~
You and Steve STILL look young, happy and in love! Go, you! I love you! (and I'm guessing there's a new CD?! WOOP WOOP!!) Corinne

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...