Thursday, February 10, 2011

SuperFriend Sunday

I HEAR there was a football game on over the weekend. We just 'happened' to go to our friends', the Bennetts for a little get-together...the TV may have been on in the other room, but us girls were just chatting and catching up on everybody's goins on.

Katie, Christinie, Michelle & Moi

Con & Mickey B
Christinie & Katie Jane
We had to gather to hear Christina Aguilera sing the national anthem. Although I'm really not a fan of her extreme stylizing, and running all over the scales with every note (ESPECIALLY with our national anthem!), I thought she did okay. Her voice is a powerhouse! She forgot the words on a portion, and boy there was some backlash in the days to follow! I say, hey, cut her some slack. If any of her critics had to sing THAT song to THAT crowd, in the heat of THAT moment, and show the power of THAT voice, they might mess up a word or two, too. Not my pick for a singer, but Mercy, folks!


Hannah Banana made this fabulous CAKE and decorations.
The food was 'generally' healthy -- we won't talk about the
decadent OREO BOMBS in the refrigerator.
 
Randi brought the boys down for the par-tay...
Bryson was passed around as the center of attention!


The half-time show of the said game in the other room drew all of us in there, as it looked like a bunch of animated, lit-up computer droids or something rocking out all over the field. Fergie & the Black Eyed Peas entertained. I didn't really know them, or any of the songs, but they were good at getting the crowd pumped up.

I guess I'm just so out of the loop on tv (since I don't watch it), and entertainment (since I'm so picky about what I like or will listen to), that I kind of thought this was a pretty entertaining production!  The music itself was so-so, but... The naysayers in the media slammed Christina and they slammed Fergie and the half-time show. Whatever -- they just need something to criticize.

Me & my schweetie
After all the hoop-la, most in our crowd were disappointed, as they were a bunch of big-time Steelers fans, and the Packers took home the trophy. But for the rest of us...well, we took home some leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...