Saturday, December 18, 2010

PHS Christmas

The PHS Marketing/Business Development department had our annual Christmas party on Dec. 14th at Stoney River Legendary Steakhouse. Steve and I have talked about going there, but it's a little pricey, so we've never made it. It was nice to go with my PHS friends on the company's dime!


(Top Row: #1 Skip Gardei & George Parsons. #2 Briana Lutes & Me. #3 Skip Gardei & Jon Walker. 2nd Row: #1 Scott McDaniel, Briana Lutes, Doug Devlin, Lauren Balmer.  #3 Cheryl Long & Lea Matthews. 3rd Row: #1 Our legendary steak dinner! #2 Holly Rawnsley, Melanie Taylor, Rose Laycox. #3 Pat Booker & Janet Vogelaar. Not pictured: Michael Miller & Wendy Baker)

The evening included a delicious steak dinner and an array of desserts, and a game of "Dirty Santa" where you exchange 'white elephant' gifts, and then can steal from your neighbor, etc. It was very interesting! I received a set of wine glasses, a bottle of wine, and an adult card game. Was I ever happy when it was stolen! So then I ended up with a little stuffed, dancing puppy with ears that wiggled and danced to Christmas music. MUCH more my style!

This a great group of people, and I spend a good portion of my days and years with them, so it's good to love my work, and enjoy the folks I work with.

And as a parting gift, they gave everyone a $20 gift card for the next visit, so Steve and I might make it there yet!  :o)

Then yesterday we had departmental open houses on all 4 floors of the building. We had refreshments, music, and tours of each floor so people could meet everyone, get a layout of where everyone "lives," and enjoy some holiday cheer! Part of that activity was a "TACKY Sweater Contest," and I actually WON the contest, and a $50 Gift card to Macy's!  Not a bad return on a $6 sweater bought at a thrift store! (Not to mention the flashing necklace I was wearing with it -- you can't see very well in the photo...) They said they were giving us Macy's so we could buy something 'not so tacky.' hahaha (fun)

Prize Winning "TACKY Sweater!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on the "Harris House" blog...